Ways to Talk to Baby in the Womb
Every fetus can hear sounds from outside the uterus and every sound that can be heard by the fetus from the uterus. Do you know? The fetus can feel what his mother feels. Even all the babies can hear very low voices.
Engaging a fetus to study is very simple and does not require sophisticated methods or tools. By inviting him to communicate, the mother has taught many things. Then, when is the right time for doing so? Since the age of 19 weeks, the fetus begins to be able to hear the sound of the mother’s heartbeat to the rumbling sound of the tummy. At 25 weeks of gestation, the fetus starts hearing sounds from outside the uterus. The fetus’s sense of hearing has begun to develop and function because the process of forming the earlobe is quite perfect. A fetus is also assisted by amniotic fluid, this is used as a means of delivering good sound waves.
Later, invite your baby to talk as early as possible, it will naturally add to the inner bond between mother and baby after he was born.
Trying to be diligent engaging the fetus to talk every day will form a baby that can distinguish the voice of the mother and foreign voice. They can even recognize it since he was born. A fetus can respond more quickly to the voice of the mother and father than the voices of others who have just invited them to speak.
Here are several ways how to communicate with the fetus. You can try these following tips:
- Start with making your baby’s nickname to the fetus, then gently sound and stroking your stomach
- Speak in a happy and relaxed voice.
- Use positive and encouraging words or sentences. Complaints and swearings, especially with a tone of depression, make the fetus feel uncomfortable and can make him participated in stress. Usually, the fetus quickly and easily feels what the mother and father feel.
- Say softly, avoid shouting or yelling
- Do it anywhere, it is better to do it routinely. It can be done when relaxed in the room, in the kitchen, in the car or on the vehicle, in the office or while waiting for the check queue
- Adding with physical contact such as stroking or kissing (usually done by the father) so that the message delivered faster to the fetus.
- Occasionally interspersed with funny things in your story. Surely all parents want children who have a sense of humor in order not to grow into a rigid child.
- Do it repeatedly until the fetus shows its responses, usually, it will respond with little movement or with a kick.
- You can also listen to the music you like and enjoy the rhythm
- Spread the love energy and love to the fetus while waiting for the response
- Praise the babies every time they respond
Talking and singing for babies can be useful after knowing they can hear. Mother can do these following tips:
- Do it several times a day, place your hands on your stomach and imagine as if you were hugging your baby.
- Wipe and lightly give a gentle massage while talking or whispering positive suggestion and affirmation
- Try to connect your feelings with the fetus through touch continuously.
- Before touching, warm your palms first
Not only mothers can do this, but you can also involve your husband or partner. When the mother feels the baby’s kick, place the husband’s hand on the mother’s stomach so that he can feel his movements as well. Then, let him respond by trying to listen to his ear to the mother’s stomach. The husband can even read one or two books for the mother so that it might add to the bond between mother, husband, and baby. The sooner parents lead their babies to good things, the better the information will be embedded in the baby’s brain longer. The key point of this stimulation and communication is it will be fun.
Mothers can also invite fetal communication by the way of looking. What you see will affect your mother and fetus. From now on often see photos, videos, and animations that make mothers excited to go through the day.
However, there is some importance of the father inviting the baby to talk since he was still in the uterus. The role of the father is a little overlooked in contributing to maintain the health of the fetus. World health experts emphasize the importance of future fathers to continue to be active in participating in maintaining the baby’s growth during the womb. This phenomenon is reasonable.
The role of father inviting to talk to the baby turns out to have a greater influence on the development of the baby. Maybe the first time it will feel like talking to yourself, but talking to babies helps build a strong bond between father and baby. Studies show that the father’s voice the babies hear will be soothing.
Moreover, often inviting babies to talk helps them learn. The conversations done by the father and the baby in the third trimester of pregnancy are useful as a strong foundation for social and emotional development, as well as the baby’s language and ability. In other words, the father’s voice has formed an understanding of the world.
What can you talk about with your baby?
Father can invite the baby to talk about the days he passed or as simple as telling your child about your hobby. Even though babies don’t understand what you are talking about, this can help the baby feel closer to his father’s voice.
Talking about the day, hobbies, or interests of the father can help feel more involved in the mother’s pregnancy too. Even though the baby doesn’t understand what is being said, at least the baby can listen and know a little about his family.
Parents can also choose and play enjoyable but proper music. The type of music chosen will later form the ability to master the language after the babies are born. It can also improve the baby’s fine and rough motor skills during its development. Therefore, invite your baby to communicate as often as possible. Some of us may not realize, the baby will respond to the sound you give such as with kicks, movements and so on. The more often the father invites the babies to talk, they will more easily recognize the sound when they were born.